This is the only bread recipe I use. Sometimes I substitute half the flour with whole wheat flour.
Yield: 5 loaves
5 ½ c. warm water
3 Tb. yeast
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. salt
1 c. oil
6 c. flour
6-7 c. flour
Gently mix yeast and sugar into warm water. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, until proofed. Mix in salt, oil and first amount of flour, until mixture is like a batter. Knead in remaining flour (or use dough hook of stand mixer) until dough is soft but not sticky. Allow to rise, covered, in a greased bowl 45-60 minutes, until doubled. (Sometimes I skip this step.) Knead down and form into rolls or loaves. Place in greased pans and allow to rise 45-60 minutes, until doubled. Bake loaves 25-30 minutes at 350*F; bake rolls 15 minutes at 400*F.
Half Recipe:
2 ¾ c. warm water
1 ½ Tb. yeast
½ c. sugar
2 tsp. salt
½ c. oil
3 c. flour
3-3 ½ c. flour
No comments:
Post a Comment